Recipe by beckyd52890
I LOVE this recipe, I have another recipe on here that uses hamburger, but since meeting my now husband, I don't really care for hamburger, we use vegetarian meat. You should really try this, it comes together so well, and the kids would never know that there's veggies in it. PLUS it's better for you than hamburger.
Top Review by Meliska
It may be tasty, but there is nothing vegan about this recipe, even if you are using "veggie hamburger."
Neither cheese, nor cream of anything soup is vegan, as vegans do not eat any animal by-products: cheese and cream included.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I like Mozzarella best)
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots (you won't need the whole bag, but a small bag won't be enough)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In small bowl mix cream of mushroom and cream of celery. mix until well blended.
- In large casserole dish, combine MS Crumbles and cream mix. spread so it covers the bottom. ( no need to fry the crumbles first because they are not real hamburger, they will thaw in the oven).
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top. ( use the whole bag for cheese lovers like me :D).
- Place Tater tots on top. ( make sure the casserole is covered with tater tots).
- Place in oven until tater tots are golden brown.
- Cool for about 20 minutes.