Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my favorite casseroles made by my friend June. It's an adaptation of a recipe she got from a German friend. So, this is a German inspired - American adapted recipe! This recipe is easy to double to make for a large group.
- 1 (14 ounce) package sauerkraut (the kind you would get in the refrigerator section. Don't drain!)
- 32 ounces tater tots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently mix all ingredients together in a big bowl (including the sauerkraut juice in the package).
- Use a nonstick spray on a 9x6 baking dish. Poor the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes - until it turns a little brownish on top.