Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My recipe came from a botched attempt at potato skins. Gradually, it evolved to this recipe. I love it because it incorporates all my favorite foods.
- 10 medium potatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, baked and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I prefer KC Masterpiece)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Slice in half and scoop out"meat" leaving approximately 0.125 inch meat inside skins.
- These are your boats.
- (I use the meat that I remove to make mashed potatoes) In a medium bowl, combine chicken and 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce, covering chicken generously, and put the BBQ'd chicken in the boats.
- Repeat process using 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and mushrooms.
- Pour remaining sauce over boats.
- Bake in 200 degree oven for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and sauce is at the desired thickness.
- Sprinkle cheese over tops and bake only until cheese is melted.
- Serving Suggestions: This is how I like them.
- You can change it to meet your tastes.
- You can omit the mushrooms or use whatever veggies you like.
- You can omit the cheese.
- You can even omit the bbq sauce (but, in this case, be sure to cover with foil to prevent chicken from drying out) and use ranch dressing.
- It's up to you!
- But beware, they're more filling than you think!