Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was introduced to Sambuca a few weekends ago whilst staying with friends in Germany. Tatjana, you and your cocktail cabinet have hidden talent ! This is excellent, and I can't believe it's not already posted here. You are suposed to use 3 coffee beans, Tatjana uses 5 in hers.. personally 3 will do me just fine... you choose. She said most cheaper sambucas won't flambe but this one ( the Molinari brand) will becuase it's got the right combination of alchol and sugar content. Tatjana, I could be hooked on this!
- 2 ounces sambuca romana (I use Molinari)
- 3 coffee beans
- Pour your sambuca into a shot glass.
- Add the 3 coffee beans. Light the sambuka so that it flambe's, and leave lit for a minute or a minute and a half. (not more or the glass will get too hot).
- Extinguish the flame by resting a drinking glass on the shot glass so that there is no oxygen and the flame goes out (takes 3 seconds or less)
- Wait until the glass has cooled a little to handle and crunch a coffee bean as you drink the sambuca to blend the flavours.
This was a first for me but it won't be the last-yum! Made for p-a-r-t-y. a tag game.
I enjoyed this as much as I have the many times I have had it in the past. The flaming really adds something nice. The only thing is you have to be careful not to burn your lip in the glass like I did the first time I had this years back. Made for ZWT4.
We've been drinking this for many years, but haven't lit it before. The result was a very smoooooth drink. Thanks Kiwi for sharing this recipe. Made for ZWT4