Recipe by Jociecee
My daughter was begging for lobster but it was too expensive so I bought a can of crab from Trader Joe's and she and I came up with a delicious crab dip recipe. She picked the ingredients and I chose the amounts. Since most crab dips contain ingredients that she does not like, I told her to tell me what she wanted in it and it was yummy! She wanted me to share the recipe with you.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
This recipe got mixed reviews at my house. I thought it had great flavor but just needed a little something to keep it a bit moister. Maybe some cream cheese or something next time. Thanks for sharing this :) Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 medium onion, minced fine
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce brie cheese, with rind removed cut up into small pieces
- 2 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla, and Asadero)
- 1⁄4 cup french fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon goya adobo seasoning, with pepper and cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in butter until onions are translucent.
- Drain crabmeat and mix in bowl with onion and garlic mixture, lemon juice, Adobo seasoning, ricotta, sour cream,cheddar, and brie.
- Spray small baking dish or loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer mixture to pan.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of crab mixture and then sprinkle Mexican shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sliced French or other crusty bread and crackers.