Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In 'Tate's Bake Shop: Baking for Friends' by Kathleen King
Make and share this Tate's Bake Shop Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup grade b pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dark raisins or 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°.
- Butter twelve 3 x 1 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix just until combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Using a 1/3-cup food portion scoop or spoon, transfer the batter to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack.