Kathleen King, owner of Tate's Bake Shop, developed this recipe to bring with her to a seder in 2004. They are simple, fudgy and dense. They keep well in the refrigerator. *For lighter brownies, substitute 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1/2 cup of the butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare 9" square baking pan with nonstick spray (kosher for Passover) and waxed paper on the bottom. The waxed paper allows easy removal of the bownies and they can be cut more evenly.
- 3Mix the espresso powder and water and set it aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix the sugars into the melted butter until they are combined.
- 5Add the eggs, coffee mixture, cocoa powder, salt, and matzo meal. (Mix to blend.).
- 6Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the batter evenly.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. The center should still be a bit soft.
- 8Cool the brownies in the pan.
- 9Loosen the edges and remove them from the pan and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tate's Bake Shop Passover Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (938 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 57.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g