1/2 Photos of Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are the best thin and crispy type of chocolate chip cookies! The recipe hails from Tate's Bake Shop in Southampton, NY. The owner, Kathleen King has a cookbook with a forward by Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) and the recipe is in that book, although I found it on-line. I tried these cookies this summer after my friend, Jane, turned me onto them. I had been buying them but now that I can make them, I'm saving a ton (of $) but gaining a ton(of weight)! Click on this link for photos and info. http://www.tatesbakeshoponline.com/store/ Rachael Ray featured Tate's in her Hampton's on $40. a day (she could only afford one raspberry square! - I posted the recipe here Tate's Bake Shop Raspberry Squares . Enjoy with cold milk! *Reviewer Chef Crazed Tyler is right about the brown sugar and I have changed the amount here to reflect the proper amount! Thank you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease or line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugars, then add the water and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- 5Add eggs to the butter mixture and mix them lightly.
- 6Stir in the flour mixture. When flour is mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- 7Drop 2 tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Make sure the cookie sheets are well greased. I like to use parchment paper.
- 8Bake for 12-17 minutes or until the edges and centers of the cookies are golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.1
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 679.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 61.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g