Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend gave this to me year's ago, we like it with toast and salad.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar)
- cooking spray
- Put bag of tater tots in a 13x9-inch casserole dish sprayed with Pam then spread tuna over that. Put soup over that.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for about 40 minutes. Spread cheese and cook until melted.
update: used tuna. was ok. if I make it again, I'll be adding more cheese and maybe some peas or something.=== Didn't have any tuna. Used canned salmon instead. Very fishy smelling. Won't do that again. Will give it one more try with either canned tuna or chicken.
This was so good! It was pure comfort food. The combination of mild cheddar, potatoes and mushroom soup were salty but not overwhelmingly so. The tuna was a GREAT alternative to ground beef. I think I will always use tuna from now on. I did make two changes. I used hash brown patties because my husband never saw the tater tots on the shopping list (husbands!). I also accidentally put the cheese on at the beginning instead of the end. This was not a problem. The meal came out perfectly done after 40 minutes. The kids devoured it! This will go on my permanent make-it list. Thank you!