Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Casserole Cooking From Taste of Home Books. Very good recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced celery
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 0.5 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook onion, celery and ground beef over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 12 inch by 8 inch by 2 inch baking dish. Spread soup over meat mixture.
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.