Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my husbands favorite hot dishes. It takes time, but it is worth it.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetables, drain (any kind you like)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drain
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 slices cheese (or more)
- Preheat oven at 350.
- in a large cast iron skillet, brown ground beef in veggy oil.
- add onion and cook until transparent.
- add garlic to gr.
- beef mixture, mix together.
- mix in soup, mushrooms and milk.
- simmer for 10 minutes.
- take off heat.
- layer cheese slices, add more than 10 if you like cheese.
- put on tater tots,make a nice circle of them to fill the whole top of the cheese sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- cover with foil for 45 minutes.
- take off for the 15 minutes.
- (if the cheese is bubbleing in the middle of the tater tots, it is done, if not, add another 15 minutes).