Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have always loved this dish- especially the mixture of veggies with the soup! Yum! Since the tater tots are frozen to begin with, make sure you cook the dish long enough to thoroughly cook them--cold tater tots are no fun!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas or 1 1⁄2-2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (more or less to cover top of dish)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and drain if necessary.
- Mix together the beef, soup, vegetables, and tator tots in dish.
- Spread shredded cheese over the top evenly.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly or slightly brown.
- Another way to prepare this: I just wanted to let you know that you can play around with this one. Today I made this differently: I browned 1 pound of lean ground beef, drained it, and combined it with 2.5 cups frozen corn, 2.5 cups frozen peas, and a 26 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup. As for the tater tots, I used a 16 ounce bag of mini tater tots: I layered this dish, starting with the beef mixture then made a layer of tater tots, then beef, and then topped it with a layer of tater tots. I cooked this (covered) for 40 minutes and then sprinkled cheese on top and cooked it until the cheese was melted and the hotdish was heated through. I hope this was helpful to you! Enjoy!
We love this dish. We used cheese soup instead of the mushroom and left out the shredded cheese. Also, we used a bag of frozen mixed vegetables instead of the canned vegetables. We will make this often.
I, too, layered the dish. However, I ran out if tater tots for the top. I used the pre-formed hash brown potato patties for the top layer, then covered it with cheese. Worked great. Thank you, Rich