Recipe by Bec
I have always loved this dish- especially the mixture of veggies with the soup! Yum! Since the tater tots are frozen to begin with, make sure you cook the dish long enough to thoroughly cook them--cold tater tots are no fun!
Top Review by Chef Schellies
We love this dish. We used cheese soup instead of the mushroom and left out the shredded cheese. Also, we used a bag of frozen mixed vegetables instead of the canned vegetables. We will make this often.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas or 1 1⁄2-2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (more or less to cover top of dish)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and drain if necessary.
- Mix together the beef, soup, vegetables, and tator tots in dish.
- Spread shredded cheese over the top evenly.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly or slightly brown.
- Another way to prepare this: I just wanted to let you know that you can play around with this one. Today I made this differently: I browned 1 pound of lean ground beef, drained it, and combined it with 2.5 cups frozen corn, 2.5 cups frozen peas, and a 26 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup. As for the tater tots, I used a 16 ounce bag of mini tater tots: I layered this dish, starting with the beef mixture then made a layer of tater tots, then beef, and then topped it with a layer of tater tots. I cooked this (covered) for 40 minutes and then sprinkled cheese on top and cooked it until the cheese was melted and the hotdish was heated through. I hope this was helpful to you! Enjoy!