Top Review by Kit Katchen
This was very good! It's a wonderfully hearty meal that can be altered easily :) My new hubby and I really enjoyed it. I did use hash browns in place of the tater tots since that's what I had and I also added in a can of Cream of Chicken. I loved how quick and easy it was at the end of a busy day! Thank you, it's a definite keeper! :)
- 2 lbs chicken, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the ground chicken and the onion until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in pepper, water and mushroom soup and heat till bubbling.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir cook until the vegetables are warm.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart (2L) casserole. Arrange tater gems in a single layer on top of the chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tater gems are crisp and the chicken mixture is bubbling.