Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 lbs chicken, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the ground chicken and the onion until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in pepper, water and mushroom soup and heat till bubbling.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir cook until the vegetables are warm.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart (2L) casserole. Arrange tater gems in a single layer on top of the chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tater gems are crisp and the chicken mixture is bubbling.
This was very good! It's a wonderfully hearty meal that can be altered easily :) My new hubby and I really enjoyed it. I did use hash browns in place of the tater tots since that's what I had and I also added in a can of Cream of Chicken. I loved how quick and easy it was at the end of a busy day! Thank you, it's a definite keeper! :)
I didn't use ground chicken, but leftover, from a whole chicken I had baked. I added a layer of colby-montery Jack cheese under the tater tots. It is so good! I can't imagine ground chicken, after trying it with leftover chicken that I had cut into cubes. Wonderful! Its a keeper! There is enough for tomorrow, which means, I am getting 3 meals out of that 3 lb. whole chicken I originally baked. Wow! Its so good, my husband and I both are looking forward to the 3rd time around!!
This was my first time making a casserole (I'm new to this cooking thing lol) and I thought it was great! I also used ground turkey as it's what I had and also doubled the soup and a little more water. Will deffinitely be making this again!