Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy and quick casserole to fix for a busy family. Great to take to carry-in suppers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can milk
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can peas
- 1 (16 ounce) bagof of frozen frozen tater tots
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef in skillet, drain.
- Add can of mushroom soup, 1/2 soup can of milk, can of peas and cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mix.
- Place mixture in a 9" round casserole dish.
- Cover beef mixture with pile of tater tots.
- Bake covered for 1 hour in 350 degree oven.
- Remove cover and top with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove and let set 15 minutes before serving.
This was a hit! I doubled the cheese (we love cheese!) and baked in two pie pans. Topped with ketchup. Very tasty and a nice way to get veggies into a meal! Thanks for posting!
This was good but didn't add the peas. Also added onions and garlic to the ground beef. Will make again.
Great base recipe, leaving room for personalization!! My alterations: I fried it off in a cast iron pan, drained the meat, sprayed with a little Pam, returned mixture to skillet and baked it right in that same skillet. I used green beans, yuck peas. I used more milk, because I used skim. No cheese. Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. yummeriffic. Thanks for the recipe, it was just what I was looking for.