Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hearty and filling. Great one dish meal.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced carrot
- Brown and scramble hamburger meat in a skillet.
- Add the salt and pepper while cooking the meat.
- In a large bowl add all the other ingredients excpet for the tator tots.
- Mix well and then add the hamburger meat and combine thoroughly.
- Add tater tots and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake pan.
- Bake at 400* for 1 hour.
- The top needs to be all bubbly.
This sure is hearty and filling, perfect for when you want comfort food.
I hadn't eaten this in years, but woke up with a craving for it. This was perfect!! I baked it about 15 min longer, and I used celery instead of carrots and a whole small onion, minced. Delicious - thanks for the recipe!
Pretty good stuff! I had never made Tator Tot Casserole before, but I needed a freezable casserole to take to a charity event. I made this and it is really good. I plan to make a couple for my own freezer to pull out in a pinch.