Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a casserole cookbook. The original recipe does not call for onions, but I find that the onions are a great addition. I usually add the onions to the ground beef and cook both together in the same skillet.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef.
- Saute onion.
- In a casserole dish, combine ground beef, sauteed onion, cream of celery soup.
- Top mixture with tater tots.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over top of tater tots.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes.
Surprisingly delicious! I wasn't too sure what to expect from this simple recipe but the result was tasty, filling, yummy! I added a teaspoon of garlic salt to the meat, 2 stalks of chopped celery to the chopped onion (which I sauteed in olive oil) and I added a few spoonfuls of milk to the soup. I baked the whole shibang in my 9X9 square Pyrex baking dish and it came out perfect!. We'll definately make this again.
This was great! My entire family loved it. I doubled everything and one of the cans of soup I used was cream of celery (the other cream of chicken.) If you're going to double it use a 9x13" pan.
This was tasty and very easy to prepare. I added a package of frozen mixed vegetables, 1/2 cup milk, and used a medium onion, chopped, (instead of 1/2 C) to the ingredients listed. Everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.