Recipe by Musical Joy
This is my gram's recipe. Sounds odd, but has a great taste. I love it because it takes only 5 minutes to make and because my kids devour it. (Gotta love tater tots)! It's great served with a green salad or fruit. Great for potlucks too.
Top Review by JustSoFluffy
Easy to fix. I browned the meat with Onion then mixed the meat with the soup and 1 can of mushrooms. Put in pan and added the rest and baked for 50 mins. covered then added the cheese and uncovered till cheese was melted.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 6 -8 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan (makes cleanup easier).
- Spread beef in bottom of pan.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cover with the can of soup; spread evenly.
- Layer the frozen peas over the meat and soup.
- Arrange tater tots in rows over the casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add slices of American cheese to top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 15- 20 minutes, till cheese is brown and casserole is hot and bubbly.