Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my gram's recipe. Sounds odd, but has a great taste. I love it because it takes only 5 minutes to make and because my kids devour it. (Gotta love tater tots)! It's great served with a green salad or fruit. Great for potlucks too.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan (makes cleanup easier).
- Spread beef in bottom of pan.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cover with the can of soup; spread evenly.
- Layer the frozen peas over the meat and soup.
- Arrange tater tots in rows over the casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add slices of American cheese to top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 15- 20 minutes, till cheese is brown and casserole is hot and bubbly.
Easy to fix. I browned the meat with Onion then mixed the meat with the soup and 1 can of mushrooms. Put in pan and added the rest and baked for 50 mins. covered then added the cheese and uncovered till cheese was melted.
This was very good for a quick supper on a busy day. I browned the ground beef with some onion instead of using it raw and stirred the soup into the meat. I baked it for 45 minutes uncovered, topped with shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and baked a few minutes longer until the cheese melted.
Made this for lunch today.I always used green beans in it,never thought of using peas.But the kids seemed to like it much better this way.No little piles of green things on the side of the plates.lol I used grated co-jack cheese(8 oz bag) instead of the slices.And added some garlic and onion to the beef.Fast,easy and tasty!