Recipe by Watkinslady30
Sloppy joes combined with tater tots in a casserole. From Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine. December 2006 issue. Credit goes to Karla Wiederholt of Cuba City, Wisconsin. I think this would make a great make-ahead casserole dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) envelopes sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups frozen tater tots
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and sauce mix.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add tomato paste; stir until blended. Add green beans and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Top with tater tots.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.