Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe several years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. I throw this together when I don't feel like being creative for dinner. Should be a crowd pleaser for kids!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion.
- Drain fat.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with tater-tots.
- Combine soup with milk or water.
- Pour over tater-tots.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- NOTE: There are different flavors of tater-tots, be creative!
I made a mistake and cooked two pounds of ground chuck so I doubled the tater tots and added a can of cream of mushroom soup. Instead of water I used milk, added some ground pepper and lemon pepper seasoning. Very good flavor and the creaminess from the soups made the tater tots and hamburger meld together well. A nice comfort food!
This is the recipe I use also, it is certainly not gourmet cooking. However, when soccer, guitar and AWANA all fall on the same night, this is a crowd-pleaser everyone will eat. Thanks for posting. Note: This freezes very well, I generally make two, one to eat and one to freeze when I'm really in a pinch. :)