Recipe by Nasseh
This recipe reminds me of chili cheese fries. (I have reduced the amount of milk after reading the reviews. I hope this helps.)
Top Review by Lizzymommy
Oh how we love this casserole! I use Recipe #4292 for the Taco Seasoning, and add green beans to the mixture (I find if the veggies are mixed in, they are more likely to be eaten than if they're a side dish!) This is deeply satisfying comfort food. Wish I could make it more often...but my arteries protest! Thanks, Nasseh!
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 -16 ounces frozen tater tots (roughly 45 tots)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees then spray a 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brown the beef in a skillet until no longer pink, drain excess grease. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the tater tots.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish then top with the tater tots. Bake for 25 minutes then turn on broil & cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot.