Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe reminds me of chili cheese fries. (I have reduced the amount of milk after reading the reviews. I hope this helps.)
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 -16 ounces frozen tater tots (roughly 45 tots)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees then spray a 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brown the beef in a skillet until no longer pink, drain excess grease. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the tater tots.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish then top with the tater tots. Bake for 25 minutes then turn on broil & cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Oh how we love this casserole! I use Bulk Taco Seasoning Mix for the Taco Seasoning, and add green beans to the mixture (I find if the veggies are mixed in, they are more likely to be eaten than if they're a side dish!) This is deeply satisfying comfort food. Wish I could make it more often...but my arteries protest! Thanks, Nasseh!
I admit that I was skeptical...looking at the ingredients I thought 'that's it?' but I made it, and served it with taco shells and taco 'fixings' i.e. tomato, lettuce, olives and everyone loved it. My youngest, who loves tater tots, thought I tortured the tater tots, but he ended up eating 3 tacos. The potato taste with the taco beef is really good. Will definately make this again.
I used more tater tots than stated but kept the rest the same. Very good and very easy for a weeknight dinner!