Recipe by FrankiRN
This is sort of a variation on the twice baked potatoe. You can use any shredded cheese, I like a cheddar blend, but taco cheese or monterey jack works well also. Use more or less cheese/bacon, according to your family's taste. Turkey bacon works too.
Top Review by ween73
I just made this for a picnic...it was AWESOME! I added sautéed onion (mixed it with he bacon). It was served in a chafing dish/sterno rack. Stayed well for the hours it was out (kept hot on the rack, no food poisoning for us!) Will definitely make this again!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots (I use whatever small bag is on sale)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tots in oven as directed. Don't turn off oven.
- Take off cookie sheet and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of tots. Crumble bacon on top of cheese.
- Place uncovered back into preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted. Sprinkle chives over the top. Serve with sour cream on the side for dipping, also ketchup works well for the kids.