Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is sort of a variation on the twice baked potatoe. You can use any shredded cheese, I like a cheddar blend, but taco cheese or monterey jack works well also. Use more or less cheese/bacon, according to your family's taste. Turkey bacon works too.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots (I use whatever small bag is on sale)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Cook tots in oven as directed. Don't turn off oven.
- Take off cookie sheet and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of tots. Crumble bacon on top of cheese.
- Place uncovered back into preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted. Sprinkle chives over the top. Serve with sour cream on the side for dipping, also ketchup works well for the kids.
Nice, easy and tasty side dish. I skipped the chives because the kids don't like them and my hubby can't eat them. Great way to spice up tater tots!
What a great recipe! My husband isn't too keen on potatoes however he likes tater tots. But I can't serve them too often because they get boring. So this is a wonderful alternative to plain tots! Instead of serving the sour cream on the side I mixed it, some of the bacon, some of the cheese, and the chives with the tots and then baked it all, putting the rest of the bacon and cheese on top at the end. Everyone LOVED it! I make this quite often now!
Good tater tot recipe. It was so simple and quick and didn't need alot of prep. I did sprinkle some seasoned salt over tots before adding the cheese and bacon. We really liked them and will make numerous times again. Thank you for sharing.