Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was recently served this appetizer at a baby shower, and it was simple yet delicious!
- 32 ounces tater tots (thawed)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chives, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, crisp and chopped
- Use a wooden tool (like the end of a Pampered Chef spoon) to push a thawed tater tot into a greased mini muffin pan.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on each tater tot.
- Bake at 350 -400 until cheese is melted and bubbly and tater tots are a little browned.
- Serve with sour cream, bacon bits and chives on the side.
We loved this appetizer - very easy to make and just so darn cute! I do not own a mini muffin pan, so I just gently flattened and then shaped the tater tots into a uniform size and baked on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. I cooled them slighty before serving in order for them to hold their shape. Made for Spring 2012 My 3 Chefs.
Love this. Can't beat this classic flavor combo, and it makes a perfect finger food - too cute. I managed to underestimate the time it would take them to thaw, so my quick fix on the fly was to follow the baking instructions on the bag - turned the oven up to 425 and pulled them out at the halfway mark (10 min). Then flattened them with the back of a spoon in the mini muffin pan and returned to the oven for 10 min. I pulled them out, sprinkled with cheese, and returned to the oven for a couple of minutes for it to melt. Good to go! This was a big hit. Thanks for sharing!
tried this one time when my friends came over! they loved it bigtime! thanks for the idea.