Recipe by ALCooks
This tasty casserole is comfort food. The original recipe used a can of mushroom soup instead of the white sauce, but I seldom have canned soup in my pantry, so I improvised. The kids like it plain, but my husband and I like to sprinkle the finished product with crushed red pepper. I'd like to try this with ground turkey, but I just haven't yet.
Top Review by mMadness97
I made this a couple of years ago back with this was RZ and it's time to review! This dish is pretty good! It's not that healthy, but a different, tasty, interesting dish. (I'll try and post photos when I get time!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Melt butter, stir in flour and garlic powder. When bubbly gradually stir in milk to make a smooth white sauce. Heat until thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and salt to taste. Stir ground beef into white sauce.
- Spoon beef mixture into sprayed baking dish. Spoon pizza sauce evenly over top. Arrange pepperoni over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange potato nuggets over cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.