1/2 Photos of Tater Tot Hotdish
1 hr 10 mins
I'm originally from Minnesota, and if Minnesota is famous for one thing, it's hotdish. You might know it better as casserole, or something like that, but in Minnesota, it's hotdish. This is my mom's recipe, the same one that she used to make for me when I was little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 lb) package tater tots (you probably won't use the whole package, but this is usually the smallest size I can find)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (or 3 cans if you want it extra creamy)
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetables (or 2 cans, whatever kind you like, I like sweet corn, my mom uses green beans)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2While the oven is preheating, brown the ground beef (seasoning to taste as you cook) and drain off the grease.
- 3Spread the beef in the bottom of a 2 to 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 4Drain the liquid off the vegetables and spread them over the meat.
- 5Using a rubber spatula, spread the cans of soup over the top of the vegetables and meat. Use the soup as is, straight from the can. Do NOT mix it with anything.
- 6Arrange a layer of tater tots over the top of that.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 8Top with your favorite variety of shredded cheese as you serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tater Tot Hotdish
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.8
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1624.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: