This is very easy and a good one for kids (and husbands).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (29 ounce) can baked beans, use a good quality brand
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili, use good brand
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 lb reduced-fat hot dogs, sliced into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- additional ketchup (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 casserole pan; set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine the baked beans, chili, ketchup, onions, mustard and hot dog "coins." Stir well. Bring to a light boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- 3Pour the saucepan mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- 4Top evenly with the thawed tator tots. Lightly sprinklewith salt.
- 5Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and sprinkle with the 2 cups cheese. (At this point you can squirt swirly ketchup designs over the cheese, but that's optional).
- 7Return to hot oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted to liking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tater Tot Hot Dog Bake
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 1324.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat hot dogs