Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super easy and very yummy. Even my "no green veggie" boy will eat this one.
- 1 -2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (any cream soup I guess, I like to use one with herbs)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots
- Brown hamburger on skillet.
- While browning, chop onion into small pieces and add onion to pan with beef (I like my onion still crunchy so I don't keep it in the pan long).
- Drain grease from hamburger and add in the cream soup; stir until mixed.
- Put beef soup mixture in bottom of baking dish; spread so it is even. Layer the frozen veggies on top and then cover entire dish with tater tots.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes at 425° (till it smells done).
My family loved it, but I only liked it. The sauce was thinner than I wanted it to be, so if I make it again, I'll make sure to defrost the veggies and see that they're dry before cooking. I suateed the hamburger meat with garlic and black pepper and added some marjoram to the cream soups, of which I used 1 cream of celery and 1 chicken. I also added some Parmesan cheese to the top.
WONDDERFUL! What a wonderful surprise! It's great! It's not low fat, though, unless you use low fat meat & soup. Instead of tator tots, try frozen hash browns (they may be lower in fat). Any kind of mixed veges you like will work! We had it with okra in it. YUM!