Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a very kid friendly breakfast. served along side of some fresh fruit and toast, english muffin, biscuit or a bagel you have the perfect way to start your day. Instead of the ham slice you can crumble up a pre-cooked turkey sausage, regular sausage, crispy bacon (or real bacon bits! if in a real pinch!) This is a real easy way to please the kids or adults and its CHEAP!
- in a large nonstick skillet place the tater totsin a circle around the outer edge on medium-high heat. cover with lid for about 3 minutes.
- turn heat down to medium, add the butter to the center andcover again until butter has melted. add shallots to the butter and let cook with the lid on about 2 minutes.
- stir everything around and check to see if tater tots have thawed some. If they have then take a potato masher and mash the tater tots to break them up. season with your favorite seasoning or just salt and pepper (cajun seasoning is a nice kick!).
- cover with lid and let cook 4-5 minutes. Add egg and watch for 2 minutes then begin to stir until egg is almost cooked- add the ham all over. continue to stir and flip until all egg is cooked. sprinkle the cheese all over the top, put the lid on an turn off the heat.
- prepare your plates and serve once cheese has melted.