1/5 Photos of Tater Tot Chicken Pie
Sheri in Georgia's Note:
This has become a family favorite - I found this recipe on a bag of tater tots several years ago. This is very similiar to a Chicken Pot Pie with a Tater Tot topping instead of bread. It makes a great one dish meal with a salad and bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2In large skillet, cook onion and pressed garlic in butter or olive oil over medium high heat until onion is tender.
- 3Add cooked chicken, frozen veggies, undiluted soup, milk, thyme and pepper.
- 4Stir ingredients together and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Stirring occasionally.
- 5Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes; stirring frequently.
- 6Spoon chicken mixture into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- 7Arrange frozen tater tots on top.
- 8Bake 40 minutes or until bubbly and tater tots are slightly browned.
- 9Note: This recipe easily doubles and you can make two. I freeze the extra one with the tater tots on top and then remove and thaw in fridge. Bake as directed above. Also, I sometimes add an extra can of soup and an extra 1/4 cup of milk for a thinner consistency. This would be a personal preference. Also, I add approximately 1/2 tsp of dried thyme and 1/2 tsp of black pepper for one casserole - adaptable to your taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tater Tot Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.3
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 1356.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 23.1 g