Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is a recipe for those chilly Fall and Winter nights coming up. Kids love this! And, Mom, it's "souper" easy. Just remember, you can change the meat and/or soup to change the taste.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the ground chicken and the onion until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in pepper, water and mushroom soup and heat till bubbling.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir cook until the vegetables are warm.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart (2L) casserole.
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tater tots are crisp and the chicken mixture is bubbling.
Tried this recipe for the first time. My kids didn't like it at all. I thought that it was OK and my husband topped it off with hot sauce and absolutely loved it. He's looking forward to leftovers in his lunch tomorrow. Guess this recipe depends on your taste buds. I may make it again just for my husband and cook my kid's something else.
I'd never tried ground chicken in a dish before.. I actually held my nose at the first bite.. LOL. Turned out really good, I was surprised. Thanks for the recipe nana, it's a keeper.
I started this recipe, then found out I didn't have all of the ingredients. I used cream of chicken soup, and frozen peas, and canned mushrooms. I omitted the onions. I added shredded cheddar, as my family loves cheese. My girls said that this was the best casserole that I have ever made. Next time, I'll try all of the right ingredients.