Recipe by Nana Lee
Here is a recipe for those chilly Fall and Winter nights coming up. Kids love this! And, Mom, it's "souper" easy. Just remember, you can change the meat and/or soup to change the taste.
Top Review by racsan_naf
Tried this recipe for the first time. My kids didn't like it at all. I thought that it was OK and my husband topped it off with hot sauce and absolutely loved it. He's looking forward to leftovers in his lunch tomorrow. Guess this recipe depends on your taste buds. I may make it again just for my husband and cook my kid's something else.
- 2 lbs ground chicken or 2 lbs bite size chicken pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the ground chicken and the onion until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in pepper, water and mushroom soup and heat till bubbling.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir cook until the vegetables are warm.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart (2L) casserole.
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tater tots are crisp and the chicken mixture is bubbling.