Recipe by Chez Arnow
I made this one night, trying to use leftovers and do something easy. I took a cue from a beef casserole that I have had before. Instead of the chiles, you could use a 1/2 cup or so of salsa.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded chicken (I like using the leftover's from Mirj's Crockpot Chicken #18787)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 30 tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine chicken and beans in bowl.
- Spray 13x9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer the casserole as follows: chicken/beans (on bottom), then chiles, followed by cheese, then tater tots.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove foil, turning oven up to 425°F.
- Using a fork gently flatten out the tater tots and return casserole to oven.
- Cook until tater tots get brown and crispy, about 5-10 minutes.