Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a wonderful recipe that you can vary depending on your taste! You can also substitute Morning Star crumbles for the beef, and use 2 cans of mushroom soup to make this a meat-less meal!
- 1 lb ground round (may sub. ground turkey or crumbles)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 72 tater tots (onion flavored or regular)
- 3⁄4 cup 2% cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange tater tots in single layer.
- Brown ground beef (or turkey) and onion together, drain.
- Mix meat & soup.
- Spread evenly over tater tots.
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- (You can add frozen broccoli, cauliflower or carrots for more veggies. - this recipe comes out to 4.5 points per serving).
Half of the family loved it and half didn't. I loved it, so I'm giving it 5 stars. It was a great break from "diet food". Comfort food, not gourmet. I used regular ground beef and drained it very well. I used 2% cheddar and omitted the regular cheddar.
This dish wasn't bad, I just found it to be a little bland. Very filling and feels like it's bad for you, but it isn't. Thanks for posting!
We enjoyed this. I used crumbles and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. I also used all 2% cheese which did not melt as well as half anf half would have. This was stick to your ribs food on a night when snow was coming down. We did each it with ketchup though. Thanks.