Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Basically, a convenience-food version of Shepherd's Pie.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 15 ounces southern style hash browns (Ore-Ida)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 9" x 13" glass or corningware casserole with pan spray.
- Sautee beef and onions until the beef is browned and the onions are softened. Remove from heat. Stir in the soup, salt, and pepper; spread mixture evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish. Next spread a layer of frozen corn and finally hash browns on top. Bake until heated through and the hash browns are slightly crisp.
My husband has made this before from his childhood and it was pretty tasty, cheap and easy. We sprinkle a little all seasoning on the top.