Recipe by PamMal
Another casserole that's a staple at our house. Easy to make and reheats well - when there's leftovers. This can be modified several different ways - use your imagination! I don't add onions to the hamburger due to picky eaters but feel free to add them to yours! I've used several different types of cheese - whatever I have on hand - but cheddar seems to be the favorite. I've used regular tater tots, mini tater tots and tater rounds - they all work!
Top Review by lacie5515
Left out the onions. But added Lots of Miss Dash. Did not have the oregano or milk (added a little water. Used low sodium soup, extra lean turkey, and veg. protein granules. Added carrots and peas to make it healthier. Guess it was almost a Tater Tot/Shepards Pie but it was a hit. Will make again.Love the versatility.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 18 ounces tater tots, 1/2 bag
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- In casserole dish, combine soup, milk and groung oregano.
- Add cooked ground beef to soup mixture. Combine well.
- Top with tater tots.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove lid and bake additional 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.