Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another casserole that's a staple at our house. Easy to make and reheats well - when there's leftovers. This can be modified several different ways - use your imagination! I don't add onions to the hamburger due to picky eaters but feel free to add them to yours! I've used several different types of cheese - whatever I have on hand - but cheddar seems to be the favorite. I've used regular tater tots, mini tater tots and tater rounds - they all work!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 18 ounces tater tots, 1/2 bag
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- In casserole dish, combine soup, milk and groung oregano.
- Add cooked ground beef to soup mixture. Combine well.
- Top with tater tots.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove lid and bake additional 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
Left out the onions. But added Lots of Miss Dash. Did not have the oregano or milk (added a little water. Used low sodium soup, extra lean turkey, and veg. protein granules. Added carrots and peas to make it healthier. Guess it was almost a Tater Tot/Shepards Pie but it was a hit. Will make again.Love the versatility.
Yummy and easy to make! We used ground turkey. I added some seasoned salt to the meat while cooking, and that plus the soup made it too salty. Next time I'll maybe just add garlic.
Being from Australia I had never had this before...I found this while looking for different things to do with ground beef. It was a hit & has fast become a favourite in our house. I added some garlic to the meat whilst it was cooking. Mental Note - take the tots out of the freezer as you are browning the meat...I cooked it the second time & forgot that part & they were still frozen after 35 minutes int the oven.