Recipe by LDSMom128
Growing up in my family, my Dad loves to cook and was the family cook most of the time. However, this is something that my Mom makes and was one of the first things I learned to make when I was a newlywed and not quite a cook yet! This is very kid and family friendly and simple to make. The bottom layer can be made in a advanced if needed and just add the tater tots and cheese and bake for a quick weeknight meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream soup (any flavor will do)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (whole milk would be best, but whatever you have will do)
- 2 cups peas corn and carrot mix
- 24 -36 frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup other mild cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet pan, brown the ground beef or turkey for about 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain the grease. Save for later.
- Add the onions to the pan with 1/4 tsp of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes and softened. Return the meat back to the pan and mix well with the onions. Season the meat well with the seasonings.
- Add the cream soups to the pan. Using the soup cans, measure the milk and add to the pan. Stir the soup and milk well and cook for about 5 minutes and thickened. Add the frozen vegetables and cook for about 5-7 minutes and heated through.
- In a large baking pan, pour the meat mixture to the pan and spread evenly. Line the frozen tater tots on top of the meat mixture in even rows. You may need more or less than stated in the ingredients. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the tater tots. Cover the pan with tin foil.
- Cook at 425°F for about 30 minutes and the tater tots are cooked and the cheese is melted.