Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite tater tot recipe, which I received from my sister. It is so quick and easy, and don't have to brown meat ahead of time.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 1 (8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- DO NOT brown ground beef. DO NOT dilute soup. DO NOT salt and pepper.
- Break ground beef into 1-2 inch chunks in 9x13 pan.
- Spread cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese soup over meat.
- Push tater tops into mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle onion rings over top.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let set for 5 minutes, and serve.
An easy "stick to the ribs" type of meal. I am giving this 5 stars because my husband loved this. The only change I would make would be to decrease the amount of potatoes and add more onions to the top. The potatoes overpowered the rest of the ingredients. Otherwise a nice easy dish. Made for Fall PAC 2011.