Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my favorite meat and potato dishes that is sooo simple to make and really yummy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion (optional)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup (one can)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb tater tots (about half a bag of Ore-Ida Brand)
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until thoroughly cooked.
- drain off excess grease.
- Transfer ground beef back into skillet and add the can of cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper; stir until mixed evenly.
- Pour beef mixture into casserole dish and add tater tots to the top, spreading an even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- *Ground the beef with the onion; chopped. Tastes really good with the onion but I've left it out for friends with Onion Allergies and I still LOVE it!
Fairly tasty, I think the ground beef would be more flavorable if I added garlic and perhaps a splash of worcestershire sauce. Did serve ketchup on the side for dipping
I have been making this for years, kids love it. I always top with shredded cheese. Also, try seasoning the ground meat with cumin while frying
Thoroughly enjoyed as did my husband. Although he requested that I not call it "casserole" as he in general hates that word and all it entails (too many ingredients is never a good thing to a picky eater). You could sneak veggies into this (if you dare) in the form of carrots or corn or green beans.