Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's version; different from others posted, you do not have to brown the ground beef before adding to casserole.
- Press uncooked ground beef into bottom of greased 9x13 pan
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Pour cream of chicken soup on top and spread evenly.
- Arrange tatertots on top of soup so that they are side by side in rows covering entire casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until juices from the meat run clear
- Top with shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Note: You can add chopped onions or garlic to the ground beef before pressing into pan.
I topped the ground beef with a can of French style green beans. I also added French's dried onion rings on top of the cheese before baking the last 5 minutes. This is fantastic!!!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written and we all enjoyed it. I think I like the casserole better with cream of mushroom soup though.
My husband especially enjoyed this SO much! I can't believe that such a simple recipe made my family this happy! I made this as listed and it served 4 of us with a fresh green salad on the side. I used a good amount of spices and would have fun modifying the recipe to include various veggies, etc. Made for Football Tag, week 4. Thanks AZPARZYCH! :)