This is my mom's version; different from others posted, you do not have to brown the ground beef before adding to casserole.
- Press uncooked ground beef into bottom of greased 9x13 pan
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Pour cream of chicken soup on top and spread evenly.
- Arrange tatertots on top of soup so that they are side by side in rows covering entire casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until juices from the meat run clear
- Top with shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Note: You can add chopped onions or garlic to the ground beef before pressing into pan.