Cook1 hr 15 mins
My most favorite dish I ever made. It was handed down from my mom who made it slightly different. My family begs me to make it. It is very easy to make and prep time is not long. One bite and you will be hooked.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, add ground beef, salt, pepper, season salt, onion powder, and chili pepper, cook until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Drain ground beef and put back in saucepan.
- Add both cans of cream of mushroom soup and milk. Mix well with ground beef. On medium heat, cook mixture until soup is slightly bubbly.
- Drain corn and set aside.
- In a 13x9 baking dish add ground beef mix and drained corn, spread out evenly.
- Add half bag of tater tots and gently press into mixture. Make sure that they are covered by mixture as best as possible. Add rest of tater tots on top and spread out.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour on middle rack.
- After cooking, remove foil and turn up heat to 400F and brown tater tots for 15 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. (Growing up, my mom always made this but used the celery soup version, which I love too.) Made as written, but reduced to a half recipe. Super yummy comfort food!
I was looking for a new weeknight meal that was fast and easy and I came across this recipe-my kids love tater tots and corn so I was hoping it would be a big hit-was I right!! This is delicious and my kids ate 2 serving each-more mommy!!! Thanks for a great meal!!!
This was very good and the family really enjoyed it. I added some scallions to the ground beef and I used peas in place of the corn. The next time I will use peas and corn. Thanks for this recipe.