Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very simple dish to prepare. Economical too! This is something the kids love. Enjoy!
Make and share this Tater Tot Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots (I use the minis)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix celery soup and mushroom soup together, set aside.
- Put browned ground beef in a 9x13 dish.
- Sprinkle with celery, Worcestershire sauce, onion and cheese.
- Cover with soup mixture and arrange tater tots on top to cover.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
I've had versions of this in the past and never really cared for them. But this is much more tasty! The celery, onion and worcestershire give a nice flavor boost. I put a layer of frozen corn on top of the meat, but that's all I added. I sprinkled some of the cheddar on top of the tots about 10 minutes prior to the end of baking time. Thanx for posting!
This was great. My boys ages 9,4, & 2 ate it right up & they are quite picky! I substituted the celery for chopped spinach. It is rare I find a quick, easy & delicious meal that all 3 of them will eat!
Excellent, my first time trying to make any version of this casserole. Would not change a thing. Very hearty comfort food. My tribe of guys loved it!