Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I thought it was great so you should enjoy it to. It came from my oldest cook book. Again it is really good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tater tots
- Brown meat and onion.
- Add veggies, soup and milk.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with tater tots.
- Bake 350 for one hour.
This is a lot like the original tater tot casserole i made. This is a really good basic recipe. The nice thing about tater tot casseroles is that you can leave as a major comfort food, or you can jazz it up to make it "big kid" food. I have made this with every vegetable combination under the sun. Sometimes I mix cream of chicken with the mushroom. I also like to saute mushrooms and carrot matchsticks with the onions when I brown the meat. But like i said, this is really good as written too!