Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not too many people have heard of this dish. I wonder if it's a Northern recipe (I grew up in Wisconsin). But this is a childhood favorite. Whenever I make it, I call my brother (now 26) and brag about what I'm having for dinner.
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on tater tot bag.
- Peel, cut or chop onion add to hamburger as browning (optional).
- Brown and drain hamburger.
- In a large glass casserole dish combine hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 cup of milk and frozen mixed vegetables.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Place frozen tater tots on top of casserole (make sure they are evenly spread).
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown and the rest of the dish is heated through.
- About 10 minutes before the dish is finished, sprinkle the cheese on top and finish cooking.