Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not too many people have heard of this dish. I wonder if it's a Northern recipe (I grew up in Wisconsin). But this is a childhood favorite. Whenever I make it, I call my brother (now 26) and brag about what I'm having for dinner.
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on tater tot bag.
- Peel, cut or chop onion add to hamburger as browning (optional).
- Brown and drain hamburger.
- In a large glass casserole dish combine hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 cup of milk and frozen mixed vegetables.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Place frozen tater tots on top of casserole (make sure they are evenly spread).
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown and the rest of the dish is heated through.
- About 10 minutes before the dish is finished, sprinkle the cheese on top and finish cooking.
I have made this for years..wonderful quick and easy comfort food. Though we use the veggies just as a side dish
I'd heard of this but, had never made it. My daughter had some at a sleepover last weekend. She came home and asked that I make it....soon. It was really good and the kids wiped it out in a flash. Next time I'll have to double it. Good. Simple. Cheap. Yummy. Thanks.
I had this as a child in the 60's and eveyone in the family always liked it.