Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 hrs
This is wonderful comfort food. My daughter, Jenny, requested I post this because it is one of her favorites. It is great recipe because it is quick to make and can be used to take to a sick friend, a church covered dish dinner, etc. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen peas (optional) or 2 cups green beans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Spray 9x13 with cooking spray.
- Spread ground beef in bottom of dish.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Cover evenly with soup.
- Layer peas (or green beans) over soup.
- **It is not neccesary to use the vegetables.
- Arrange tater tots in rows over top.
- Cover and bake @ 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Uncover and spread cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is hot and bubbly.
We made this for dinner tonight and it was very good! We used frozen corn for the veggie though :)
Thanks for posting this! I had this recipe a long time ago, and lost it. I specifically like that you don't have to brown the beef. My kids and hubby will be happy tonight when I serve this long lost favorite!