Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another recipe from my farm family. Very good for potluck suppers.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans, partially thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen ore-ida tater tots
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 lbs ground round
- Brown beef in skillet until well browned. Add the onion and cook until tender. Put in a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Top with the green beans.
- Mix 1 cup milk with the 2 soups; pour 1/2 over the beans. Top with tater tots; pour the rest of the soup over this.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees until the tater tots are browned (about 45 minutes).
This was a hearty, easy to make meal. We loved it. I halved the recipe as i was cooking for two, but i think i shouldnt have halved the amount of cheese soup & milk mix, i would have liked more cheese sauce. I also used canned green beans, which worked out great.
This is awsome! My mother made this when I was little. We would make it with cream of mushroom soup and put shredded cheese on top of the tots! Canned green beans or other veggies work well too!
This is definitely an interesting casserole... I didn't have any green beans either.. so I used mixed vegetables instead... pretty good!