Recipe by Ernie's Bert
This is a delicious recipe that I make for my family often. I have also used this casserole as a meal for church potlucks. It is always a hit. I have found that adding more vegetables makes the dish even better.
Top Review by Margie99
I wanted to try something a little different than we normally make tater tot casserole. This was good, I didn't have a can of mixed veggies so we used a can of carrots and one of corn. It seemed like the carrots overpowered the dish. I think the mixed veggies would have been better. I also think some garlic powder added to the meat would be good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can mixed vegetables or 1 (16 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese