Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is so simple and good. I love to take it to potlucks and usually come home with a empty dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of grated cheese (I prefer the shredded Velveeta)
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen tater tots
- Cook beef and onions till beef is brown.
- Add soup and cook till soup is mixed throughly.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Layer a single layer of tater tots on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes till tater tots are nice and brown.
There are a lot of recipes for tater tot casserole but this is the recipe I remember from my childhood. This is one of my husbands favorites and he often asks me to make it for him. This is usually a kid pleaser too. Just simple, classic comfort food. Thank you so much for posting.
Very good recipe and very good meal. We all liked it for a good meal in the tummy. I used Tator Crowns. Very good comfort here. Thank You for sharing with us. Hugs
I've made this exact recipe for years....a huge favorite in our house. I think the only difference is that I stand our tater tots upright...we cram them in. ;) Great tried and true recipe!!