1/1 Photo of Tater Salad Ole
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Spice up any backyard BBQ with this yummy side salad!! With each layer this your guests will be coming back for more. This recipe has a little bit of everything needed for a successful salad; a little crunch, a little spice, and of course mouth watering potatoes!!! One note during preparation I used a piping bag for the little dollop of sour cream on top. Also to add a little extra kick add a little bit of cayenne peper to the ear of corn before roasting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (16 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup black olives (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1First add the bag of Simply Potatoes and the whole carton of chicken broth into a pot. Bring items to a light boil and let broth absorb into the potatoes to add softness. Remove, drain and cool.
- 2In the meantime, add the cumin, red pepper flakes, taco seasoning, may and sour cream to a bowl, whisk and set aside (allowing flavors to marinate).
- 3Dice the hard boil eggs, red bell pepper and olives. Add ingredients to large bowl along with the cooled potatoes, black beans and green chiles. Fold in the the sauce. Once well mixed place in the fridge allowing time to marinate.
- 4Side Note: To roast your ear of corn, take your pre cooked ear of corn, place on a baking sheet, and put under broiler for a few minutes (until kernels start looking nice and golden). Once cool cut the kernels off the ear and place in bowl.
- 5Once all your ingredients are prepared grab your large shot glasses. Make your first layer your tater salad. Next layer will be some roasted corn and final layer the shredded cheddar. Top off each "shot" with a dollop of sour cream and add a jalapeno slice to the side of the cup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tater Salad Ole
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 910.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion