Recipe by Cookin'withGas
I love tater tots and and I love the annual Taste of Home cookbooks! Here's a variation of Tater Tots, which ingeniously includes ham and cheese and has been adapted to include low fat options (see ingredient list)...From the 1999 Annual Taste Of Home cookbook and placed here for safekeeping!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, hot (without milk or butter)
- 1 cup cooked ham, ground up
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (normal shred or fancy shred)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onions or 1⁄4 cup scallions or 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (French's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C); Grease some cookie sheets (3 or 4?).
- Combine all ingredients except for the crushed cornflakes.
- Shape into one-inch balls; roll the balls in the crushed cornflakes to coat.
- Place nuggets on cookie sheests, evenly spaced; bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.