I love tater tots and and I love the annual Taste of Home cookbooks! Here's a variation of Tater Tots, which ingeniously includes ham and cheese and has been adapted to include low fat options (see ingredient list)...From the 1999 Annual Taste Of Home cookbook and placed here for safekeeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, hot (without milk or butter)
- 1 cup cooked ham, ground up
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (normal shred or fancy shred)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1/4 cup yellow onions or 1/4 cup scallions or 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (French's)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C); Grease some cookie sheets (3 or 4?).
- 2Combine all ingredients except for the crushed cornflakes.
- 3Shape into one-inch balls; roll the balls in the crushed cornflakes to coat.
- 4Place nuggets on cookie sheests, evenly spaced; bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Facts for Tater Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 255.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g